A dual purpose hop from New Zealand with a high alpha acid content that makes it economical for bittering but it also has a spicy yet floral flavour and aroma with a pine aftertaste.
Green Bullet has the unique zing which characterizes New Zealand's hops. It is dual purpose and brings both a fresh, soft, clean bitterness along with an abundance of aroma in beer. The taste and aroma has accents of raisins and fruits, and is smooth and refreshing. It has very high myrcene oil content which contributes to the fruit aroma.
Green Bullet Hops come from a program in New Zealand that started in 1949 to solve a problem with Black Root Rot.
Fuggle was crossed with local varieties to create the first generation of disease free varieties including First Cross, Calicross and Smooth Cone. Tetraploid variations of these were then used to produce Sticklebract, Super Alpha, and Green Bullet released in 1972.
Green Bullet is a moderately high yielding hop with moderately large compact cones. Green Bullet Hops are now used in beer brewing around the globe.
20 LITERS | ABV 5.0 | IBU 30 - 34 | SRM 4.3 | MASH EFFICIENCY 75% | PRE BOIL 24L | OG 1.047 | FG 1.009
MASH 90 MIN @ 68C
SPARGE 4 LITERS
BOIL 60 MIN
* A top fermenting neutral ale yeast like WLP001 can also be used to make a lager (Lager means maturation in cold storage).
• 3650g GLADFIELD LAGER LIGHT MALT 1.4 SRM (or split 50-50 ale & lager malts)
• 250g GLADFIELD LIGHT CRYSTAL 32 SRM
• 150g GLADFIELD GLADIATOR 5.1 SRM
• 13g GREEN BULLET 13.5% AA @ 60 MINUTES
• 18g WAKATU 7.5% AA @ 10 MINUTES
• 10g GREEN BULLET 13.5% AA @ 10 MINUTES
• 18g WAKATU 7.5% AA @ 0 MINUTES/STEEP FOR 20 MINUTES
ADD 15 MINS BEFORE FLAME OUT:
• 1/4 TSP IRISH MOSS (or clarifier of choice)
• 1ST CHOICE: LAGER YEAST OF YOUR CHOICE
• 2ND CHOICE: WLP 001 CALIFORNIA ALE (Sierra Nevada)*
Alpha Acid Composition 11%-15%
Beta Acid Composition 2.9%-5.6%
Co-Humulone Composition 41%-43%
Lupulin Color Pale Yellow
Cone Size Medium to Large
Cone Density Compact
Maturity: Late Season
Growth Rate: Moderate to Vigorous
Susceptibility to Disease and Pests: New Zealand is hop disease free.
Ease of Harvest: Good
Total Oil Composition 0.46-1.13 mls/100 grams
Myrcene Oil Composition 52%-53%
Humulene Oil Composition 19%-20%
Caryophyllene Oil Composition 6%-7%
Farnesene Oil Composition 0%-1%